Thursday, October 27, 2011

How Scary Is Your Financial Situation?


Costume prepping, candy buying and pumpkin carving are in full swing, and for many people watching their favorite scary movie will also be on their Halloween checklist. Some of those horror movies may be more true life than expected though. A new CouponCabin.com survey reveals how famous scary movie villains represent U.S. adults’ financial situations. When asked which famous scary movie characters best described their current financial states, adults said:

Michael Myers from “Halloween” – I’m superhuman; no matter what circumstances arise, I find a way to make ends meet. (32%)
Ghostface from “Scream” – Unexpected financial circumstances catch me when I least expect it. (11%)
Freddy Krueger from “Nightmare on Elm Street” – My financial situation haunts my dreams and I lay awake at night worrying about it. (11%)
Jason Voorhees from “Friday the 13th” – I’m ashamed of my current financial situation and feel like I’m hiding behind a mask. (6%)
Chucky from “Child’s Play” – I’m immature with my finances and need to grow up. (3%)