Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dead Presidents On Twitter - Do you follow anyone from the grave?

Dead Presidents On Twitter

In the old days, presidents had to rely on written messages and speeches to get their thoughts across. But what if there had been Twitter? Among the many thousands of fake accounts on Twitter are those for at least 28 dead U.S. presidents. Here are some of the more humorous ones:

John Adams: “Could you imagine if that Target commercial with the girl singing Adele on the bus happened in real life? #myworstnightmare”
John Quincy Adams: “Other peoples’ shoes are the best shoes”
Andrew Jackson: “I will personally deed The Hermitage to my 400th follower! Oh wait, no I won’t.”
Martin Van Buren: “Won two bits from A. Jackson on bet that Gadhafi wouldn’t land up here. Old Hickory still a sentimental fool”
James K. Polk: “I’ve decided to flex my executive powers & give myself a nickname..deal with it. Polkster out.”
Millard Fillmore: “First policy point: Bathtubs in the White House. #millardfillmorescorpse2012”
Franklin Pierce: “Tricky Dick was not in my league.”
Abraham Lincoln: “Oh, big deal. You be dead and see if you don’t miss writing a Tweet or two.”
Ulysses S. Grant: “First man to wear four stars. Deal with it.”
Rutherford B. Hayes: "I will be tweeting my State of the Union from my casket tonight. I will discuss: education, economy, lack of air holes in casket”
James A. Garfield: “Pippa Middleton, meh. Mary Todd Lincoln, now she was a fox.”
Chester A. Arthur: “Spending my day off catching up with the Kardashians. See the one where Kris and his sis walked through the park in NY where my statue is?!”
Grover Cleveland: “Me and Taft are having an #occupythebathtub protest.”
William McKinley: "If there were a Vice Presidents Day, I would of course wish a happy one to @Garret_A_Hobart. But there isn’t, because the VP doesn’t matter.”
Theodore Roosevelt: “Many people wondered why I was so keen on liberating Cuba from the Spanish... have you folks ever drank Cuban coffee?! BULLY!”
William Howard Taft: “Crap. Stuck in the tub again. Not the best way to start my President’s Day.”
Warren G. Harding: “WWWAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPP?!?!?!?!?!?! @TeddyRoosevelt8”
Calvin Coolidge: “I once watched @WGHarding defeat the Knicks starting lineup in a hotdog eating contest. Needless to say, he had serious Lin-digestion.”
Herbert Hoover: “AC/DC: I never know if my love of them is ironic or not...”
Dwight D. Eisenhower: “Mamie is Loco for Four Loko”
John F. Kennedy: “Ask not what your cold medicine can do for you, but what you can do for your cold medicine.”
Richard M. Nixon: “Who the hell taught George Romney’s boy to speak?”